Learn the ins and outs of naturally dyeing materials, and the science that makes it all happen. Artist Sydney Hernandez will walk you through the science and process of each step so that you come away with beautiful pieces including handkerchiefs and a scarf, all while learning new skills.
During this day-long workshop you'll learn:
- A comprehensive overview of the science and chemistry of natural dyeing
- How and where to find and gather dye materials (like walnuts found at The Woodlands!)
- Step by step instructions on how to naturally dye materials
- Ancient resist pattern making techniques including Shibori and Batik
- The science of color, light, color mixing and modifiers
- Hand painting and different print making
Lunch, fabric and tools are included. Wear or bring clothes to change into that you don't mind getting dirty. Preregistration is required. Please register online, but if you have any additional questions contact Emma Max at email@example.com or 215-386-2181.
Items made will make great handmade gifts. Be the hero of the gift giving season.
$125.00 - $115.00 Members
Members email firstname.lastname@example.org for coupon code.